Import in France

English language about Cavies / Guinea pigs. All categories.

Redaktør: Redaktører

Besvar
westie92

Import in France

Indlæg af westie92 »

Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible for Danish people to export guinea pigs in France?
Is it really expensive?

I love korthårede marsvin especially in chocolate, and I saw beautiful breeding (opdræt) on danish websites.

Brugeravatar
Lina
Mutteforumjunkie :-)
Geografisk sted: 3rd rock from the sun
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Lina »

Yes, that should be possible - danish animals have gone to both spain and portugal, apart from UK and the other scandinavian countries.

If they don't travel by car, I believe the biggest problem is to find an airline that will take them.
Der findes kun 10 slags mennesker:
Dem, der forstår det binære talsystem. Og dem, der ikke forstår det.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person
Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede
Sweet Leaf - Kugge.dk - Fotoguide For Dummies - Pixel's Side

Brugeravatar
Marsvin
Administrator
Administrator
Geografisk sted: Albertslund
Kontakt:

Re: Import in France

Indlæg af Marsvin »

westie92 skrev:Hi,

I would like to know if it's possible for Danish people to export guinea pigs in France?
Is it really expensive?

I love korthårede marsvin especially in chocolate, and I saw beautiful breeding (opdræt) on danish websites.

Last autum we travelled to England (UK) via France and hope to do it again next year. Yes it is possible and if you can find somebody taking that trip it wont be that expensive. We took about ├óÔÇÜ┬¼33 per guinea pig for transportation to or from UK (+ the price for the guinea pig in some cases, where people had us pay for the pig in UK to the breeder). We went by ferry from Dunkerque to Dover, so the pigs could be picked up there or on the way from the border to the port (ferry).
Venlig hilsen

Johnny Ramm - Tidligere @marsvin.dk opdræt af Abyssinier
Over-Gnaverhjernen ;-)
OverAdmin & Ejer af Forum.

http://mutterne.dk
admin@mutterne.dk

Alle mine Abyssinere er efter rene Sydamerikanske linier. Alle der er født her, er danske mutter ;-)
Billede

Vonnederballe

Indlæg af Vonnederballe »

Ja jeg ville gerne prøve at med på sån en tur da

Brugeravatar
Marsvin
Administrator
Administrator
Geografisk sted: Albertslund
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Marsvin »

Vonnederballe skrev:Ja jeg ville gerne prøve at med på sån en tur da
Dansk: Det er billigere at flyve end at køre til UK, man kan bare ikke have marsvin med, undtagen med SAS Cargo og det er dyrt (både for billet og marsvin).

It's cheaper to go by plane than to drive to the UK, but you can't bring cavies, unless it's with SAS Cargo and that is expensive (both for people and guinea pigs).
Venlig hilsen

Johnny Ramm - Tidligere @marsvin.dk opdræt af Abyssinier
Over-Gnaverhjernen ;-)
OverAdmin & Ejer af Forum.

http://mutterne.dk
admin@mutterne.dk

Alle mine Abyssinere er efter rene Sydamerikanske linier. Alle der er født her, er danske mutter ;-)
Billede

Maroussia

Indlæg af Maroussia »

Marsvin skrev:It's cheaper to go by plane than to drive to the UK, but you can't bring cavies, unless it's with SAS Cargo and that is expensive (both for people and guinea pigs).
SAS Cargo ? Is it a "service" that could transport guinea pigs without anyone has to go in Denmark ? Is it safe ? Somebody ever tried ?

Brugeravatar
Lina
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Lina »

I can't remember if anyone has tried to do that... either in or out out Denmark.
But yes, you can book a 'cargo-ticket' for animals, and they can travel without company.

Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede

Maroussia

Indlæg af Maroussia »

Thanks for the information ! :wink: And do you know if it's safe ??
:?

Brugeravatar
Lina
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Lina »

I think it should be. Some years back, I asked around cause I perhaps needed to transport piggies to USA, and they do have criterias for how you let the animals travel, and they're secluded from lots of the other cargo during the trip, cause they need to be in a heated area.

Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede

von_fancy

Indlæg af von_fancy »

Lina skrev:I can't remember if anyone has tried to do that... either in or out out Denmark.
But yes, you can book a 'cargo-ticket' for animals, and they can travel without company.
I think the cavies from Canada come by cargo.. Not sure, I'm not into all that import-stuff.

von sortfod

Indlæg af von sortfod »

As von Fancy wrorte the cavies from Canada to Denmark travles as cargo. I dont know mutch about it. But I know from Canada there are speciel flights where there are heat in the cargo deparment on the flight.

And they are check in Frankfurt by a vet. So they can travel alone as cargo, but the importer needs to be in the airport then the flight lands.

Hope anyone understod what I wrote.

Christina

Besvar