Import a guinea pig in Denmark : it is legal ?

English language about Cavies / Guinea pigs. All categories.

Redaktør: Redaktører

Brugeravatar
Lina
Mutteforumjunkie :-)
Geografisk sted: 3rd rock from the sun
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Lina »

I think the rules are stricter by plane.
Der findes kun 10 slags mennesker:
Dem, der forstår det binære talsystem. Og dem, der ikke forstår det.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person
Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede
Sweet Leaf - Kugge.dk - Fotoguide For Dummies - Pixel's Side

Pavon

Indlæg af Pavon »

Lina skrev:I think the rules are stricter by plane.
Nope... Reglerne er det samme, men flyselskabet kan have regler om at de ikke vil have dem med :t

Brugeravatar
Marsvin
Administrator
Administrator
Geografisk sted: Albertslund
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Marsvin »

Pavon skrev:
Lina skrev:I think the rules are stricter by plane.
Nope... Reglerne er det samme, men flyselskabet kan have regler om at de ikke vil have dem med :t
Many airlines wont bring cavies. You have no problem bringing them from Belgium to Denmark by car. You don't need any papers or medicalcertificates for them.

The limit of 5 is only from outside EU. Execpt if they are from Andorra, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Norway, San Marino, Schweiz and the Vatikan, Where there is no limit like in the EU.

We brougt back a lot by car from UK via France, Netherland and Germany. They have to be payed before the transport or else it comes under commercial transport and there are different rules for that.
Venlig hilsen

Johnny Ramm - Tidligere @marsvin.dk opdræt af Abyssinier
Over-Gnaverhjernen ;-)
OverAdmin & Ejer af Forum.

http://mutterne.dk
admin@mutterne.dk

Alle mine Abyssinere er efter rene Sydamerikanske linier. Alle der er født her, er danske mutter ;-)
Billede

Maroussia

Indlæg af Maroussia »

Thank you very much for your help !!

It's because when I came to live in Denmark, I had to let my old guinea pig to my parents in France... He's almost 7 years now, and I really miss him... So my parents plan to bring him to me (by car), and stop in Belgium to take another piggie from a friend breeder. I hope everything will be possible !

Jeanogkevin

Indlæg af Jeanogkevin »

have you think about if he to old, to travel so long time ?

I dont know.. just a :?:

If its not a big chance to take, I hope you can get your "dream guinea pig " to denmark :)

Maroussia

Indlæg af Maroussia »

Don't worry, it was just an idea... But we decided of course to let him to my parents, such a trip could be to dangerous for an old piggy. :wink:

Maroussia

Indlæg af Maroussia »

Phew !! I checked the rules about pet transportations in the plane companies that could do the flight Belgium-Denmark... It seems that none of them accept in the cabin animals others thant cats and dogs...

Do you know any companies that does ???

Brugeravatar
Lina
Geografisk sted: 3rd rock from the sun
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Lina »

To that question, I would wager that the answer is none.
Guinea pigs are classed as rodents, and most airlines won't risk them in them the cabins, even tho they're secured in transportcages. I think, they're afraid that they get out by accident, or cause the person taking them opens the cage believing the animal won't get out. If it gets out... and the plane is still on the ground, it won't be cleared for takeoff until the animal is caught (and I think there's a fine in it too), if it's in the air... everyone will be praying that no wires and such will be chewed on, and that the plane will land safely.
Either way, don't bet your life on transporting piggies other than as cargo, doesn't matter if it's a plane just for cargo or one where you are seated also.
Der findes kun 10 slags mennesker:
Dem, der forstår det binære talsystem. Og dem, der ikke forstår det.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person
Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede
Billede Billede Billede
Sweet Leaf - Kugge.dk - Fotoguide For Dummies - Pixel's Side

Brugeravatar
Marsvin
Administrator
Administrator
Geografisk sted: Albertslund
Kontakt:

Indlæg af Marsvin »

Maroussia skrev:Thank you very much for your help !!

It's because when I came to live in Denmark, I had to let my old guinea pig to my parents in France... He's almost 7 years now, and I really miss him... So my parents plan to bring him to me (by car), and stop in Belgium to take another piggie from a friend breeder. I hope everything will be possible !
I don't where from in France or Belgium the will come, but just checked map24.com from Brussel to Gentofte. That's a 10 hour drive of 923 Km. That's no problem and no papers are needed.
Venlig hilsen

Johnny Ramm - Tidligere @marsvin.dk opdræt af Abyssinier
Over-Gnaverhjernen ;-)
OverAdmin & Ejer af Forum.

http://mutterne.dk
admin@mutterne.dk

Alle mine Abyssinere er efter rene Sydamerikanske linier. Alle der er født her, er danske mutter ;-)
Billede

Maroussia

Indlæg af Maroussia »

We finally found a solution : my friend the breeder from Belgium will come by car (10 hours) !
We just thought that it could be possible for her to come by plane, but apparently not !

Thanks a lot for your answers !

Besvar